Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat

Smell my feet,
Give me something good to eat.

Seriously, if life were only that simple!

Anyway, I renamed this from Christina's World to Every Life, Every Fun for a few reasons: the Wyeth painting that Jon put up when he set this blog up for me way back when was somehow removed so calling it Christina's World just seemed weird without any reference to the painting I think--it also made me feel a bit self-conscious because I felt that it probably made me seem conceited or autistic.














Christina's World (1948) by Andrew Wyeth
Source: http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=8707

The original Every Life, Every Fun blog where I should have had all my ruminations about Tokyo and China never had a chance--so I give it new life here. I also renamed the url from csolazzo, since that just gave out too much information on the Internet about me--first name Christina, last name Solazzo--um, yeah. I hate googling myself, but I bet csolazzo.blogspot.com isn't so much of a stretch for future employers to find. I am so crafty.





The title, Every Life, Every Fun comes from a store in a mall in Tokyo.


It was like a 7-11, but better. (The 7-11 in Tokyo wasn't so bad though.) Even their products said that they had Good Price. Nice Selection.


They sold stationery and gifty stuff in addition to snacks and drinks.


Inspiration comes of working folders.


Dean & Deluca coffee (see, not a 7-11).


I actually have this folder somewhere...



They even had Helvetica pencil cases before Helvetica the movie ever came out and other funny little things. Jon got a tea cup with a lid that said something like, "Be patient." I love when inanimate objects do that.

Anyway, I have a book to edit and transmit by tomorrow, so I will leave this blog alone for awhile now...though hopefully, not too long...

4 comments:

  1. What a cool folder! That looks like Jon sitting on the tri-colored fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Jon modeled for the artist :) When we go visit Pam in the 'pan, we should definitely check this out in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The folder is also my favorite.
    When are you guys going to Tokyo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should all go when we have vacation :) And of course, before Pam comes back from Japan. Pam said that she'll have to decide this winter if she's going to be there for another year, so we should try to sync up and figure things out...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails