Friday, February 11, 2011

E. B. Browning + Cookies



Pepperidge Farm Verona Apricot Raspberry Distinctive Cookies,
how I heart thee.
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the apricot and raspberry and rich buttery cookie
my mouth can reach,
when feeling too stressed out to be nice and graceful,
while yelling in my mind at people for being idiots.
I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet need,
by fluorescent and computer light.
I love thee freely, as much as leggings and a drawstring dress allows.
I love thee purely, as the filtered water I drink.
I love thee with a passion put to use to avoid little fires throughout my day.
In sad times, and when I'm daydreaming about things I used to do as a kid.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose when I press your shimmering pool of fruit against my tongue to the roof of my mouth and you crumble.
I love thee with the breath, smiles, and tears of all my life!
And, if God or my stomach choose, I shall but love thee better after your bag is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails