Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012: Celebrating Movember with Mustache Sugar Cookies


When I went home for my mom's birthday
a couple weeks ago, 
I noticed my brother grew a mustache.
Since he's half Italian, he was able to grow a mustache at least,
but since he is half Chinese, it was a little thinner in some places.
It was also dark brown with some blond highlights.


I thought he wanted to look like my dad
for some reason.
My dad is famous for his glasses and mustache.
He has a dark blond mustache with gray highlights,
but that's the only similarity between their mustaches (being bicolored).

My brother mumbled something about Movember.
He didn't really explain it though.

So that weekend, I saw the Office episode that explained it!
That episode was funny.
If you're not going to watch the episode, here it is from the official site:
During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo's, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.

I got mustache cookie cutters and stamps
for my birthday,
so I thought since our cheese appetizer failed,
it would be very timely to have Movember cookies
for Thanksgiving.


We'd used almost all our butter for our
supersilky smooth mashed potatoes,
so I had to make due with the stick we had left.
I only made these two trays,
but after the meal we just ate, 
it was definitely enough.


I used a quick recipe I found online since it automatically did the
proportions for me.
No one thought the recipe was that awesome
(the people's comments are a bit exaggerated on the website),
including me.
But it worked in a butter pinch. 


Mustache party!


My popo, ayee, and mom,
showing off their mustaches.
Such deliciously hairy women.


Oh, and it's hereditary.
Wee even sported a goatee with the freehand 'stache we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails