Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!



We adopted a mine-finding/TB-detecting rat for my dad for Father's Day. I drew the above, printed it out on card stock, and bought a frame from the dollar store for it. It looks really nice, if I do say so myself. He's going to put it in his office.

Why? Read this NYTimes article. It was "most e-mailed." Adopting a rat really did seem cooler than something from the mall.

And we didn't use the stupid site the NYTimes suggested (for what they wanted money for was dumb--what do I care about schoolchildren watching the animals in action?). Instead, we donated a year's worth through this other site. I hope we didn't give our to some warlord though.

He's the photo of Chosen One from the website:



Hope your dad had a nice Father's Day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails