Sunday, June 11, 2006


Me and Cui on the flight deck of the Intrepid in front of one of the ships docked on the Hudson. This ship had a big 3 on it, if I remember correctly. Fleet Week was kind of exciting--and always is. I always kind of hope for a great renactment of On the Town, but I guess that's asking for a little too much. American sailors are much more interesting than the French--and their uniforms are cooler too. Cui commented on how a woman must have designed their uniforms--with all that attention to detail: hats and gloves and that kind of stuff. I just wonder how it must be difficult to wear white pants--I mean what kind of underwear can you wear to feel comfortable? But perhaps their pants are thicker than when you see older women with white linen pants and panty lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails