Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday, Ma!



Today is my mom's 50th birthday.



We got her a scanner for pictures and negatives.



I took the Amazon paper stuffing and used it to wrap up the present, and since there were still a few feet of paper leftover, I rolled it up and made a bow out of it. (My mom made a awesome wrapping of my Dreamcast for my 21st birthday out of the newspaper's colorful comics section with a fanning bow. This doesn't top it, but I think it still looks cool.)



The card is made from the cardboard that usually comes with stamps when you order it from usps.com. I used my X-Acto to trace out a 5 and 0.

I left the 0 chunky enough to write out a happy birthday note. Usually, we sign it, "Love, Your bad kids," but we signed our names this year because it was a special birthday.

Hopefully, I look as good as she does when I'm fifty.

1 comment:

  1. It was a very nice birthday celebration with (almost) everyone there for dinner to help mark the big 5-0. The wrapping of the gift was very creative as well as the 50 card! The flower bouquet of pink roses was as pretty as it smelled. I am very happy to have that day & the memories to cherish. Ma ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails