Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 9

We survived Irene! Kinda pissed off that more people aren't grateful for the downgrade of the hurricane and the minimum damage and fatalities/injuries. I appreciate the precautions the city and public transit and businesses took to ensure a safe weekend for everyone. Hopefully the next time this happens people aren't more stubborn because they weren't killed this time. Rant. Rant.

Spent most of today unpacking. I have too many clothes. Jon has too many Japanese snacks. We have too many books. We are purging a lot of it. There's no room.

Walked outside to get dinner and was nearly blown away--I was airborne more than normal briefly when I tried jumping over a puddle. Saw a man with a dog trying to take a taxi. The man got out I'd the taxi. Gave the taxi the finger. Then either lost his balance or was blown over on the sidewalk. The dog was okay. I hope the man was just drunk. Got tacos from Tehuitzingo for dinner. The best! Tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails