Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Cough, Cough, Cough, Wheeze, Cough, Heel-Toe-Slap-Ball-Change-Stamp-Hop-Step-Shuffle-Shuffle-Shuffle


So for about the past month
I've had the most horrible cough.
I've tried not to let it slow me down,
but it has.

From July 13 to August 13,
I coughed my head off.
I coughed so much I thought was I going to pass out.

I coughed and wheezed,
and talking and definitely laughing made it worse,
and my friends and family are hilarious,
so it nearly killed me to hang out with them.

The cold air-conditioned air, 
the new gym, the evening showers, the wet hair,
a whole slew of things contributed to it
I believe.

In any case, a few weeks ago,
after antibiotics didn't work
(so no pneumonia! YAY!),
there was only one thing to do:
Go to another doctor.

I went to one up the block
who is a DIPLOMATE
according to his placard in the office.
My dad called him: Dr. Prince.

It just took two hours to see him
after my appointed time,
but see him I did.
And luckily enough
I coughed tons and wheezed!
He nebulized me,
gave me some prescriptions,
and two weeks later that stuff
STILL didn't work.

He said I had

Thankfully, they aren't contagious,
though I did buy a large bottle
 of name-brand hand sanitizer
since a lot of my work involves me
getting up in and passing around paper.

I was about to make another appointment when
I just went to my gym's sauna
and I took a lot of Benadryl 
and started feeling better.

Though I felt completely dizzy today,
and the cold air-conditioner
and some stressful situations at work
got me a bit cough-y the last two days,
I feel much better than I have in about a month.

Summer colds SUCK.
Avoid them at all costs.
And if you can't avoid them,
get thee to a sauna and a doctor!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! Sauna to warm your inner-core!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!! Sauna to warm your inner-core!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails