Saturday, August 18, 2012

Water for Elephants

Elephant and baboon statue
outside of Musée d'Orsay in Paris

Movie time!

:) -- Ooh! -- I wouldn't be too embarrassed about recommending this.

:/ -- Err. -- Maybe if you've got nothing else to watch at all.

:( -- What?! -- As in What is this garbage?!

Water for Elephants
:(

It was visually appealing--how could it not be? It's the circus after all. With an ELEPHANT. I didn't read the book, nor do I want to after seeing this movie.

Overall: The elephant was the star, and if it were two hours of that elephant playing in a puddle, I'd have watched it. I don't know though. I hate Reese Witherspoon for some inexplicable reason, so her being miserable was okay with me for awhile, but then she gets her happy ending. Pssht. Oh, and the Twilight guy/dead guy from Harry Potter is in it. I thought he'd be really terrible as a lead character, but he was watchable. You almost forget that he's Twilight guy/dead guy from Harry Potter. Almost. The main bad guy (who in the movie is a combination of the two bad guys) is really obnoxious and crazy. He treats animals and people equally cruelly. I don't like seeing that kind of stuff.

Surprise: I can't think of anyone or anything about this movie that really surprised me. The elephant was excellent though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails