Thursday, April 26, 2012

Movies


So last July I started writing down some movie reviews because it's just easier for me to pull up a blog about what I thought than trying to remember it. 

I came up with a rating system based on emoticons, since they're the most succinct form of a written expression:

:) -- Ooh! -- I wouldn't be too embarrassed about recommending this.

:/ -- Err. -- Maybe if you've got nothing else to watch at all.

:( -- What?! -- As in What is this garbage?!

Then I summarized why I gave that face, what I felt the overall movie was about, and what I thought was kind of surprising. Below are a few that I've recently written. (The list will expand as I repost the bunch of reviews that were in this post originally, and when I review new movies too).

So I hope you check out these reviews, maybe reconsider what you're downloading, streaming, or renting from Netflix or Amazon, and share your thoughts with me:

5 comments:

  1. I am SO with you on Natalie Portman. The fact that she's also from Long Island just makes me angrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm also pissed that she's from LI too! I don't know why--but I think it's because it's just too close for comfort. Like, can't she be some no one from Ohio?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also dislike her, but b/c she's a Polanski defender. I can easily jump on the anti-LI train though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just read the Thor one when I first commented, but went back to read the rest of it. Ha! I agree, the journalist chic from Bones is so pretty, but at the same time has the most annoying face. I think it's because she does this weird pouty thing with her face. I'm like, you're pretty enough naturally. Stop that.
    Also agree on Reese. I don't know why either.
    The Fanning sisters are super talented. I hope they don't become crackheads! And I LOVED Kyle Chandler ever since Early Edition (his first TV show).
    Did you know the butterly stripper is Lenny Kravitz's daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the Fannings don't become crackheads/whores either. Who's Kyle Chandler? At the time I had no idea that butterfly stripper girl was Lenny Kravitz's daughter, but then I saw a clip of them talking about how he's going to be Hunger Games. The guy who plays Beast is the kid from About a Boy and the really evil guy from Skins UK. Have you seen these movies? It'd be fun if you did a response post so I can read your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails