Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Another Good Reason to Not Smoke

Sign at The Standard LA

I'd totally be the person 
who dies in a car accident due to a drunk driver
or die of lung cancer 
without ever having smoke a cigarette in my life.

(Not even tried it once--ever.
Cigars are another story, 
but I can count a few puffs of each of those
on one hand.)

I'd be that person.

I'm not sure if this sign on one of the floors
at The Standard LA
purposefully subtly hints 
that because things are connected,
no smoking is permitted,
but that how I read it.

An interconnected anecdote:
Thank goodness we have a great building manager
who reinforces our no smoking policy in our rental.
A new person moved into the studio next door,
and he was smoking intense, crazy Asian cigarettes
(think of what a cigar smells like times ten)
and the smell was seeping in through
THE WALL.

I had woken up at 2 a.m. smelling the smoke.
I thought I was dying because a fire was really nearby.
It was a terrible night,
and I had a sore throat for the next few days.
But the great building manager handled the new neighbor
the very next morning.
Wham, bam, thank you, sir.

Maybe they should post this sign in our lobby too
or, like, everywhere.

Peeps gotta breathe!

2 comments:

  1. Omg we have the same problem. This mother of 2 young kids smokes like a chimney out her window and when the winds are right, all the smoke blows into our apartment. There were a few days when our apt smelled like smoke even with the windows closed because the smoke either seeped into through our A/C or the ventilation system. Her voice also sounds exactly like Marge Simpson's twin sisters and looks a million years old... !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's terrible, Doris! We think it might be the guy's gf that smokes. They had a fight at around 4:30 this morning. I was rooting for them to break up. We think she's the smoker, since it only smells like cigarettes (prob. from her clothes and plain being) when we hear her voice. Ugh, what a whore.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails