Thursday, January 15, 2009

Florida in January Part I

Greetings from Florida!



I don't know why my face looks a bit odd. I swear I tried taking a bunch of nice pictures, but it kept coming out like this. Anyway, notice the beautiful puffy clouds and my cool visor. My more than cool aunt is to the right of me.



On the first day, we went to Barefoot Beach, and it was gorgeous! There weren't as many people on this beach as the beach we went to the next day. The sand was pretty clean and relatively shell free. The water was cold though, so I waded for a short time to cool off before returning to my chair to finish reading Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner. I totally preferred In Her Shoes and Little Earthquakes over this one. It's a bit unbelievable.



See that speck? That's me and my aunt parasailing! Or at least would have been if we figured out that landing wasn't as violent or crazy as we thought (since my uncle mentioned we might break our legs--and broken bones is one thing that I can't have right now).



Why did the gopher tortoise cross the road? I guess he was done sunning himself on the beach. Hard to believe, since he's a tortoise and all, but he can actually run pretty quickly. Maybe they're evolving because of all the traffic around their turf. Only the fastest survive.



I learned how to levitate myself from a beach magician. It was pretty amazing. Unfortunately, while I didn't burn, I didn't get much tanner than I hoped I would.

2 comments:

  1. Haha guess you didn't get the tanning gene from your Asian side =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. I think it may have more to do with going to the beach as often as a solar eclipse. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails