Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Xmas Presents for an Almost Three-Year-Old


My friend and her little boy were in town for Xmas Eve,
so I went through my book collection and pulled out some of the best ones that I thought he'd like.
I didn't have wrapping paper--it's somewhere in our junk closet, maybe--
so I recycled the craft paper from our amazon.com purchases.
The goal was to spell his name and include a Xmas song lyric with the beginning of that name, 
plus a little drawing.
So . . .


Jingle bells = J


Hark the herald Angels sing = A


Rudolph the Red-Nosed ReinDeer = D
(I realized I spelled Rudolf as an alternative spelling when it was too late.
But then I realized that it didn't really matter.)


Have yourself a mErry little Christmas = E
(Nothing Xmassy begins with an E. Nothing.)


We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! = N


There was an extra book, so I threw an exclamation point in.
Jaden read each letter perfectly--and got that it spelled his name, 
plus he identified most of my drawings too.
He's a genius!
I had planned on singing the Christmas songs too, 
but I really enjoyed watching him open the books, which he seemed to have liked.
Xmas success!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Very clever Christina :) I was thinking Little Drummer Boy for D, but I used to hate that song, so I might not have used it either. I can't believe there are no Es. Someone needs to write an elf song asap. They work hard...they should get their own song too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails