Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Times I Saw John Oliver and Wyatt Cenac


On my way home today,

Let me set the scene:
I bought myself two dozen peachy pink roses from
a bodega and was carrying the bunch home.

Today is the last day I'll have superlong hair.

It was either me or the woman in front of me
with the stretchy skirt and ass sweat,
but the guy sitting on the stoop said
within my hearing,
"Fine fucking ass."
I'd like to think he says that to all the 
women that walk by.

So anyway, today, I see the dude that has to
be Wyatt Cenac.
And the dude in the baseball cap and glasses
is definitely John Oliver.
So I boldly try to make eye contact
with either of them
and smile.
They are both handsome fellows.
Wyatt's busy talking,
but John smiles at me.

How cool is that?

I think it helps wearing a minidress
to not feel invisible.

I think I saw John Oliver and someone else
talking and walking once before
when I had been singing to myself.
It was dark and cold, 
and I sang-walked between
two tall men,
one that looked like John Oliver
and spoke British,
and the other was talking about soccer.
I realized too late
that maybe I shouldn't have been
singing in public
because I sound like a dying animal.

I'm pretty sure I saw Wyatt before
when I rushed home to
pick up Thai food
for dinner before the
Barry Manilow concert.
Wyatt was by himself then.

But the point of all this is that
I got a smile out of comedian/actor
on the street.
How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails