Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday 2013


So I didn't leave the office until 7 today.
St. Patrick's website said that they'd be dispensing ashes from 7 to 7.
I thought I missed my window
and would have to go to my neighborhood church's Spanish mass.
My Spanish isn't even Dora good.
Maybe Miguel Bloombito good though.

But I went anyway,
and guess what?
The church's website was a huge liar.
Dozens of people were getting their ashes.

Then, because it was late,
and I was on Fifth Avenue anyway,
I touched a bunch of sweet threads I wish I could buy
and bought some ridiculous pants from Uniqlo
before heading home, 
talking to my dad about how many
fezes he needs.
We decide a shore fez and a North Bergen fez would be probably good enough.

What am I giving up this year?
I don't know.
I really don't know.
Can I give up thinking about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails