Wednesday, February 27, 2013

David Chang's Noodletown Obsession with Ginger Scallion Noodles


the chef/owner of Momofuku and that whole empire,
you'll know that he adores the ginger scallion noodle dish
from Noodletown.

Jon's por por lives across the street from Noodletown,
and it's basically the only place we get our cha siu (amazing pork) in Chinatown.
But we've never gotten the ginger scallion noodle dish
until now.

It's pretty hom (that is salty).
I've made David Chang's ginger scallion sauce many times,
and it's never been as salty.

I don't know if I'd get it again.
I'm a chow fun kinda lady myself.
(Oh baby, you wide floppy rice noodle. Mmm!)

But I guess that's the advantage to making a dish yourself
is that you can regulate the salt
and cut the scallions to more easily digestible pieces.

I was so hungry when I ate this that I was choking on the scallions.

Try the noodle at least once if you like,
but always get the cha siu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails