Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 50

Yesterday, I woke up to a faint sound of construction. It was great. It wasn't the sound of hammering and drilling that usually bores a hole in my soul. (On a weekday, it's been the construction that makes me want to go to work, for some peace and quiet.) Anyway, they're quickly assembling the rest of the building thankfully.

When I was little, there was a building in Fairview, NJ on Bergen Blvd. that took awhile to construct. I was maybe seven or eight and the word "sexy" had entered my vocabulary somehow. (I mean it totally made me blush. Similarly, "s-e-x" was a three letter word that made my blood pressure rise so quickly that I'd get dizzy.) So because this building didn't have its walls up, it was naked. Because it was naked, it was sexy. I dubbed it the sexy building.

I now live in a sexy building that is slowly, slowly getting dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails