Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 17

Just unpacked the last box of books--aside from the box of Modernist Cuisine. Hooray!

It's odd trying not to work summer hours. Like leaving at 5:30 is considered late. On the other hand, I've been getting to work late because I've been leaving my apartment the time I'm supposed to be there. Kinda sorta. No one else is there at 9 on the dot, so I don't feel too bad. And things don't really come into my in-box until 3pm-ish, hence the leaving kind of late. I've been meaning to come home and do work and make dinner, but I end up unwinding by watching Skins UK on hulu. It's really not bad. It's like those movies like Kids or Gummo or Bully and Gossip Girl combined. Not sure I'll watch the US version. It seemed like they cocked it up pretty good.

Jon made a pretty good dinner: steak in an ginger-scallion sauce that he made yesterday for some tiny but fresh sole, potato/truffle ravioli, dried mushrooms.

It's still raining today. Nat rightfully called it a monsoon. It's going to potentially rain through Saturday and then start up again Monday. 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails